So I have a terrible time trying to write papers or do any sort of homework without music playing in the background. But I was working in the library the other day (yes, I was working on my Management Binder, which took many hours and of course i put it off until this week) and I didn't have my iPod, just my head phones for whatever reason, and so I set up an account with Pandora Radio. Wow, if you haven't tried this site before, I highly recommend it. I know I'm a little late jumping on the band-wagon with this website, but I have since fallen in love. Basically, you type in a singer/band or song and sets up a personalized station based on the feel of what you typed in. I now have five or six stations that I have been using the past three days, and I don't think I've skipped a song yet. I have loved everything it has associated with what I've typed in. If you're a music junkie like me, i know you'll be addicted to this. I'm a HUGE Jack Johnson fan, so I made him a keyword for my station, and I have been amazed with some of the music I have heard. If you have not heard of Brett Dennen and you like the feel of Jack Johnson, I know you won't be disapppointed. I have a few songs from him on my iPod but Pandora has given me a lot more that i love just as much.My quotation today comes from John Mayer's "The Heart of Life" (yes, it's playing right now on my station from Pandora):"You know, it's nothing new
Bad news never had good timing
Then, circle of your friends
Will defend the silver lining
Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
No it won't all go the way it should
But I know the heart of life is good"
No comments:
Post a Comment